Monday, January 2, 2012

He Goes Before Us!

I really do not want to make a bunch of resolutions to start 2012 because I know I never keep them and to add to it, I don't even remember what the resolutions were much after making them! However, yesterday I spent a considerable amount of time in church and listening to some really good messages on television. Now, one day later, I am reflecting on the two things that stand out to me from all that I listened to yesterday:
1. Pray, pray and pray some more "before" making decisions. How many times do I find myself asking God to help me with something that I made a decision on without seeking Him first? Oh, I don't think I even want to know the answer to that. BUT, I do want to make it a fewer number of times in days to come. Jeremiah 33:3 instructs me that if I will call to Him, He will show me great and mighty things----that I do not know. WHY would I not do that? Why do I keep trying to do things on my own when the God of the universe makes Himself so available? Yes, I hope to submit myself to Him and seek His wise counsel!
2. In all my times of stress and, yes, fears....remember He goes "before" me. Deuteronomy 31: 6-8 are wonderful scriptures to mediate on and remind me that God has my back covered! God has already gone before me and knows what is ahead and if I will only stay in relationship and listen for His voice, He will guide me!
These are not new truths to me but because God is faithful, he reminds us from time to time of truths that we need to pay attention to ---- thank you God! Maybe God is reminding you of some truths you learned in the past --- I would love to hear what they are!

No comments: